Enjoy helping others? Mentor adults seeking community involvement.
If you enjoy making a positive impact in the lives of others and/or have talents/skills you want to share, Green Valley needs you! Volunteer Opportunities:
SNAP Activities Assistant: Facilitates activities with clients including games, art/craft projects, or outings under the direction of Client Care Specialists.
Work Related Services- Activities/Group Assistant: Facilitates small groups doing games, art & crafts, or outings under the direction of Client Learning Specialist.
Sometimes it’s easy to overlook the blessings of life. People get caught up in the normal day-to-day experience and can lose sight of what is truly important. When I agreed to volunteer at Green Valley I was a bit apprehensive at first. I mean I don’t have any experience doing this sort of thing. Initially I was concerned because many of the folks at Green Valley face daily challenges that I will never truly know or understand. I can tell you that helping there opened my eyes. Most important this isn’t really about me…so the most important step is showing up. Next you have to be willing to let the experience take you where it will. This is what I learned…
- These are good people just like anyone else you’d meet in life
- They laugh and love and face life’s challenges just like anyone else…
- You never know what might happen and that’s perfectly fine.
- Don’t ever forget how important it is to go with the flow.
- Don’t be afraid to have a good time.
- The experience rewards you much more than what you can give.
- You can meet and make new friends (even if you do get whooped at bowling or bingo in the process!)
Lee, John Deere Horicon Works
Call us today to get involved!
Daily, weekly, or monthly time commitments are available.
Hours of Operation: Monday-Friday, 8:30 a.m. – 3 p.m.
Contact (920) 887-4282